Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Saucy Burgers and a Classy Lady

Whenever I go to Jack in the Box, I get extra sauce on my burger because sauce makes everything goopier and juicier and just FIRE BREATHING BETTER IN GENERAL. There is one extreme downside to saucy burgers though. Saucy is basically a synonym for messy.


Rooms make excellent everythings. My room is living room, a gym, a kitchen, a dining room, and sometimes even a bedroom. This particular evening, I was using my bed as a dining room. I was sitting cross-legged with my computer across the bed from me playing some really upscale movie like "The Breakfast Club" or something.


I took one especially juicy bite of the burger and about half a cup of sauce spilled out onto my cross legs.


"Huh," Arielle thought. "Eureka!"


Let is be known that I am a very positive person. Where you see a glass half-empty, I see a glass half-full of chocolate milk and there's glittery stickers on the outside of it and the coaster has a picture of Josh Groban on one side and a picture of Cillian Murphy on the other (yes, that's a good thing), and "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds is playing somewhere off in the distance. So when the average Joe spills a pile of sauce on his leg, he's furrows his brow, groans, wipes it off, and forgets about it. NOT ME.



I saw an ingenious way of adding bonus flavor to my fries! The sauce was eventually cleaned up, but no napkins were involved. I dipped my french fries in the sauce on my leg.

And that was the day my legs were like unto a dipping sauce container. So classy.


(My sister takes creative license with the pictures. In her words (kind of), "Kittens and swords are AwEsOmE!")

2 comments:

  1. Dipping sauce legs, Like how long ahead of publication do you have to submit your blog entry to Chanel for her to illustrate it? Gotta go work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I'm liking this blog. :)
    Good job on writing, Arielle, and good job on illustrating, Chanel!

    ReplyDelete